part 3 the pituarity git

Thought I'd leave it a while before I wrote again, I don't know who reads these but I hope they are of some help to folk, at the moment, I am not coping as well as I could be with some things and taking a lot to heart and I think I know a few reasons why.
Please note that medication/s I talk about may not affect people in the same way, no 2 people are the same, and will have different experiences, I'm not a doctor in any way shape or form, but I write these in the hope it may help someone, hope that clears things up
So, over a month ago, I started a new meditation called dostinex, or cabergoline as it's otherwise known. I had been diagnosed with a pituaty adenoma, which was causing my prolactin levels to be higher than they should be. Thankfully, it's benign, they found it when I had an mri, it was a shock, but it's good to get answers as to why I feel extremely knackered all the time. I honestly thought I'd started perimenopause, if had a break of 6 months in my periods, and then had 2 bleeds a month after that, the most heaviest I'd experienced, then, it would stop for 2 months, and then another 4 months of heavy exhausting periods, God I hoe that doesn't make me feel like I'm feeling sorry for myself but I was at my wits end and just wanted an answer off a doctor. I'd started taking a anti depressant, this was mostly to cope with the panic attacks I was experiencing from old trauma, and it happening again after a no fault eviction, the landlord was horrible and I'd ne ER experienced anything like that. Anyway, I'll fast forward to the dostinex, as I've talked about everything in between in other blogs. I read up on all the side effects and tried to be clued up incase anything went wrong, for about 3-4 weeks, nothing happened, apart from my partner noticed I was getting more anxious than usual again, and I was still getting exhausted and having to lie down often, and also getting short of breath at small tasks. I went to the doctors as my ear because hot and sore, he diagnosed me with swimmers ear, and gave me some drops to put in my ear, my shoulder and neck glands also swelled up, he thought the ear infection had spreaded into my shoulder and suggested that the medication would clear it up, and not to worry, it was nothing to do with the dostinex. A week or 2 later, my glands swelled up again, my neck looked like george corpse grinder from cannibal corpse to put a comic spin on it, my face swelled up and also I had somewhat of a moon face developing, I'm not on any steroids so this was strange. When It started to hurt, I made an appointment to see a doctor, that was a bit of chaos! I'd noticed a lump developing on the right side of my neck and the pain was incredibly sore, the doctors made an emergency appointment, now I think this must of been my phone signal, but no call showed up on my phone, I went to the NHS app, and if said I'd missed a call from them, so phoned the GP promptly, they said for me to wait and I'd get a call back soon and I waited until it closed, no phone call! The next morning when they opened, I gave them a Ring, it was engaged several times as expected, and got through, the receptionist denied that someone said the doctor would try again, and told me to ring 111 to get me into the triage system, what an arse about way of doing things! So, I ring up 111, at the end of the call after answering all the ticky box questions, she came to the conclusion that I had suspected covid, and I was to ring back the gp's and tell them 111 said they'd sent a report and to get me seen by a doctor within hours.....

So, I got a call after 2pm, I told them about why I was getting short of breath, nowt to do with covid, I had no other symptoms of it, he wanted to see me in person, do an appointment was booked for the next morning, the swelling got worse overnight, especially in my neck, I was convinced it was the dostinex, what else could it be?the GP said it wasn't covid, and arranged an urgent appointment with my endocrinologist, and to stop taking the dostinex, hopefully there will be an alternative, hopefully i can see the endocrinologist soon, he was a locum and I found he listened and was not fobbed off which has happened before. I've been taking some panadol to help with the pain, I'm also on tramadol and pregablin, I've spent pretty much the whole weekend dozing and resting, not feeling too grand, feel like social media isn't anymore, not sure who to trust and and taken a lot of stuff to heart, there's me not being able to control the anxious stuff very well, but I honestly don't know who to trust anymore, I don't think people give a stuff, but I do with people would get both sides of a story, somewhere in the middle is the truth and I do feel like people really have changed their opinions on me, anxious or not, I wish I knew what I have done, but if people don't have the inclin to get my opinion too there's not much I can do is there, and shows they really don't care, guess I'll uninstall fb and Instagram from my phone until I'm better, it's the best thing to  do. I've not had a period for 7 weeks now, unsure of it's the dostinex that's done that, but wondering if it is, will I have a mega bleed soon, I don't know, hopefully not, guess I'm counting again, and if it's been a year I've not had a bleed am I in the menopause? Only time will tell I guess! Hope that helps someone anyway, always worth writing about incase it does, worth saying again, doesn't necessarily mean the same will happen to you if you start this medication, I hope it's rare and doesn't happen to many xxx

#dostinex #pituatry #tumour #brain #prolactin

Comments